09 Oct, 2023
Where Is Code Generator On Facebook? (When & How To Use It?)
If you have been searching for ‘Where is code generator on Facebook’, this blog is for you. Read this to get more information.
To find Facebook code generator, visit Facebook and tap menu. Hit settings and privacy option, tap code generator, and that is all.
From brand-promoting options to safety-related features, Facebook has not left any stone unturned in meeting the needs and requirements of its users. The Code generator feature is one such feature of Facebook that safeguards privacy and security of Facebook users. The facility works as a shield for Facebook users that protect them from outside attack or unauthorized access. This is used when two-factor authentication is enabled.
Generate a special login code this way: open Facebook, click menu, hit settings and privacy, and tap code generator. Finally, use code to log in to Facebook.
What is a code generator on Facebook?
The code generator is a safety feature on Facebook that protects the privacy of users from outside access or attacks. With the help of this advanced functionality of Facebook, the identity of Facebook users can be verified when they try to log into their Facebook accounts from different devices or smartphones.
As soon as you turn it features on Facebook, it generates a code for you and sends that code to your registered phone number so that you can easily gain access to your Facebook account.
How to find a code generator option?
- First, you will have open the Facebook app.
- After that, you will have to log into your Facebook account by submitting valid login credentials.
- Open the Facebook app and log into your account.
- Then, you will have to find and click on the icon that looks like a Hamburger.
- After following the above step, you will have to go to the Settings and Privacy option.
- After tapping the Settings and Privacy option, you will have to choose or select Code Generator.
- Eventually, you will have to confirm and save changes.
How to use a code generator when the phone is lost?
Unfortunately, if you have lost your phone, you have option to generate code to get access of your Facebook account. it is possible when you have enabled two-step verification on your Facebook account.
The process to generate code on computer is given below:
- Login to Facebook account and tap profile icon.
- Choose settings and privacy, then tap settings.
- Tap security and login.
- Tap use two-factor authentication under the two-factor authentication.
- Tap setup beside recovery codes.
- If set up recovery code earlier, tap manage and show codes.
If you are unable to use a code generator option to reset your password or protect your privacy, then, in this situation, you can contact Facebook customer care support. Getting direct help from Facebook customer support will be a great idea to resolve this issue.
How to find the confirmation code on Facebook?
- To do so, you will first have to log in to your Facebook account.
- After that, find and tap on Hamburger as an option.
- After following the above step, you will have to find and tap on the Settings and Privacy option.
- And under the Settings and Privacy option, You need to select the Code Generator option and proceed further.
- Confirm and save changes.
How to bypass 2 step verification method on Facebook?
See the procedure below to change your password by clicking on the forgot password option:-
- Go to the FB login page and there, you will have to click on Forgot password and then proceed.
- After this, another window will open where you will be asked to enter your email ID or phone number to find the account.
- In the next step, you will have to request the verification code on the registered email address. Facebook will send a recovery code that you can use to reset your Facebook password.
- Here, you will be allowed to change or reset your account password after completing the account verification.
- This helps to bypass login approvals on Facebook.
What is the 2-factor authentication process on Facebook?
The 2-factor authentication option is available on every social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. With this feature, an extra layer of security is added to the Facebook account so that no intruder can dare to access the Facebook account. The feature connects Facebook accounts to many devices, which users use to access their accounts. When someone tries to log into your Facebook, it generates a code that is sent to you to make you aware of the unusual login.
How do I turn on the code generator?
- Switch on your smartphone device.
- And in the next step, you will have to launch a Facebook account.
- Go to the Menu button.
- Then, go a little down in your screen and find and tap the Code Generator option.
- Now, all you have to do is tap the activate button.
How to fix the code generator missing?
- Launch the browser on your phone and then, log into your Facebook account.
- Update the Facebook app so that all the essential and latest features and options can be loaded successfully. Update Facebook to the latest version.
- Re-install the Facebook app.
What to do when the Code generator not sending a message?
- Check your internet connection - make sure you are using a good internet connection.
- Be patient and wait for a couple of hours.
- You could be in a prohibited area.
- There could be some issues with your SIM provider.
- Check your mobile settings.
- And still, this issue is occurring then, contacting Facebook is the ultimate choice to fix it.
Why is the Facebook generator code missing?
If the Facebook generator code is missing then, follow the procedure below to enable this feature:-
- Log into your Facebook account.
- After that, go to the Hamburger option.
- Next, go to the Settings and Privacy option.
- Find and tap The Facebook code generator and enable it from here.
- Finally, the feature will be enabled automatically.
The Bottom Line
Where is the code generator on Facebook? To find the code generator feature, we have provided you with a step-by-step procedure that you can follow to protect your privacy and reset your password for your Facebook account. Read this guide to enhance your security on Facebook.